Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Rustang

Actually working on the Mustang here!


Three words: LOTS of RUST!



No surprise here. I knew I would find lots of rust. I pulled the seats and the carpet tonight, and what I found was a few holes and a quite a bit of rust. I have seen worse so I am not too worried. The only thing that bothers me is the rust in the front panels.


As you can see below the interior is pretty ratty. I pulled the seats tonight which requires a 1/2inch deep-well socket and and extension. I suspect the drivers seat has been out of this car before because the plugs the cover the seat fasteners under the car were missing on the drivers side and there were only three nuts holding it in place.






I took this picture to remind me of how the brackets between the seats and the floor are installed.
Rhonda must have snapped this one while I wasn't looking. I just now noticed it myself. This is the worst of the rust. Yeah, that is a hole clear through the floorboard. It is right behind the drivers seat. Kinda scary.



While the rust here doesn't look as bad, it has me worried because this area usually rusts because the cowl is rusted. There is about 300 spot welds (not an exaggeration) that will have to be drilled out if I need to replace the cowl.

Hopefully there will be more this weekend!

No comments: