Monday, June 9, 2008

Yes, I have had some help

For those wondering if I am working on this alone, or if I have help; I have to come clean. I have had some help on this project. Though I have to say, with help like this I don't need anything to go wrong.




On a serious note. I bought some wheel dollies from Harbor Freight this weekend. If you are thinking about getting the HF wheel dollies, don't. Rhonda helped me turn the car around in our driveway, but that is about all they are good for. Once we got the car turned around, we couldn't get it to move in a straight line back into the garage. I had to take the car back off the dollies to get in the garage, which is when I noticed that my little floor jack is not going to be big enough for this job. I ended up putting the floor jack on some 2x4s just to get the car high enough to get the dollies out from under the tires. All in all, they got the job done, but it wasn't easy. On the other hand, I think once I get the engine and tranny out of the car it will move around a lot easier.

No comments: